Help Squash Voter Apathy. Please Vote November 15.

How to Vote



There is no need to pre-register to vote; registration of all electors for this election will take place at time of voting. General election voter eligibility is determined by Elections BC. The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms gives Canadian citizens the right to vote. Elections BC is the custodian of that right on behalf of BC voters.

You are eligible to vote as a Resident Elector if you are:

You do not need to own property to vote as a Resident Elector. Landed immigrants and corporations are not eligible to vote.

You are eligible to vote as a Non-Resident Property Elector if you:

You may only register in relation to one piece of property. If more than one person owns the property, only one of the owners may register and that person must have the written consent of the majority of the owners. If you own the property with a corporation, none of the owners of the property are eligible to vote. In accordance with the Local Government Act, the only persons who are registered owners, either as joint tenants or tenants in common can vote. They must not be holding the property in trust for a corporation or another trust.

Non-Resident Property Electors must also bring evidence of ownership (recent Land Title Certificate) and a Consent form signed by a majority of owners. Contact the SLRD for the required forms in advance of voting day. Please note, forms will be available at the time of voter registration but will only be accepted if signed by a majority of owners. Unsigned or incomplete forms will not be accepted.

Proof of Identity

You must bring at least two documents that prove who you are (BC Driver's Licence, BC ID, Care Card, SIN card, Citizenship Card, bank credit or debit card) and where you live (Driver’s License, telephone, hydro, or gas bill, property tax document); one of these documents must contain your signature.

Assistance with Voting and Curb Side

Voting If you are unable to mark, read or translate your ballot, an election official, friend or relative may assist you, after making a solemn declaration to not influence you and to keep your vote secret. If you can travel to the voting place, but find it difficult to get into the building, you may request 'curb side' voting and election officials will bring your ballot to you! Send someone into the Voting Place, or call 604-698-6158 in advance, to request 'curb side voting' when you arrive to vote.

Where to Vote

There is no mail-in voting for Electoral Area C. All electors are eligible to vote during:

All ballots are counted after the polls close at 8:00 p.m. on November 15, 2014.