Building Bridges - A Progressive Platform built on Positive Planks. Through focussing on our strengths Area C will be stronger.
Plank 1: Strong Local Economy
The Area C economy can be strengthened and diversified through smart policy development and the implementation of existing plans.
- Grow our strong roots of Agriculture and support development of Agritourism where it is wanted.
- Work to find staff support, and ongoing funding for the implementation of the Area C Agriculture Plan.
- Identify opportunities to enhance and grow our Adventure and Backcountry Tourism sector.
- Develop policies that work with the Agricultural Land Commission to allow for diversification of the family farm, where appropriate and aligned with Area C community values.
- Look for value added opportunities that will create local jobs with local incomes.
Plank 2: Build Progressive Partnerships.
By design, regional districts need to collaborate to support the success of all member areas and municipalities. Area C can be a partnership leader.
- Work with Village of Pemberton on key partnership initiatives: Recreation Services, Infrastructure Provision, Potential Boundary Expansion, Library, Museum, Trails, Fire Services and other shared service areas.
- Support the ongoing great work of the Winds of Change Committee and continue to strengthen connections with Lil’wat, N’Quat’qua and In-SHUCK-ch Nations.
- Continue engaging the Province of BC to support Area C through fair and equitable taxation and funding.
Plank 3: Maintain and Enhance our Rural Community Character and Natural Assets
Our communities and our natural assets are valuable components of what makes Area C so special.
- Clean air to breathe and water to drink are important components of Area C. These must be protected.
- The rural vibe is a critical attraction to Area C residents. We will work together to enhance this community feel at the neighbourhood level.
- Have an active role in resource development projects to provide relevant Area C community input to project proposals.
Plank 4: Protect and Provide Area C Infrastructure.
Potholes, Pavement and Pipes are important to all residents of Area C.
- Understand the difference between wants and needs for expanded infrastructure.
- Provide stable funding for infrastructure maintenance.
- Make clear new developments always have infrastructure costs and we need to be clear on who will bear those at development and ongoing maintenance.